Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy and Sad...

First the happy...

Lauren had her first day of preschool without Mommy there and she did super AWESOME!  Kids all around her were crying and parents were hanging around.  I heard the assistant teacher tell one mom it really would be best to just leave.  So I introduced her to the two girls next to her and said I had to go, told her I loved her and she said, "okay.  Bye Mommy."  I got a kiss and was out the door without a single problem other than Lilly crying because she wanted to stay.  It was good!  We went back later because I had to take Ethan to football practice and I had a preschool parents meeting in the school library.  I had Chris, Ethan, Lauren and Lilly.  Keith came over after he got home and watched the kids so I could go to the meeting.  Lauren kept asking if she could go to school now.  She was so disappointed when I told her no.  Her new friend, Mackenzie woke her mom up at 6 a.m. asking to go to school.  I think they will be a perfect fit.  Bonus, her mom and I hit it off, too!  Yeah!

Sad news...

My neighbor Todd had a stroke early Monday morning.  Esther sent Ethan to my house and I went over to their house to see if I could help.  I calmed Esther down and she waited outside for the ambulance.  I stayed with Todd trying to keep him calm and kept talking with him.  He had woken up blind.  At this point he had vision in his right eye but couldn't move the left side of his body and was slurring everything.  It was scary.  He is in the ICU. 
Tonight, Esther came running over at 10:30 asking for one of us to stay with the kids.  The hospital called her to come back because Todd was getting worse.  Keith is staying with the boys tonight.  I am sick with worry.  I didn't sleep last night and now, I just sit and wait and pray.  His boys are 8 and 12 and he is their entire world. 

He has to make it.  HE HAS TO!

No comments: