Friday, July 29, 2011

My Little Mermaid

I know, I know, I am not cut out for this blogging thing. I got a bit obsessed with facebook... It is so much easier to share photos and stories on there and so many friends and family are on facebook. However, I am no longer there and I have no outlet to share how stinkin' cute my girls are or how ridiculously funny Keith is being so I am back to Blogger, again.

As usual, time has been flying. We have been camping and hitting the beaches this summer and today we are heading to The Wiggles concert so it is clear that we find ways to stay busy. We are also so excited to celebrate the girls' birthdays in the upcoming weeks. Lilly will be four. Yeah, let that soak in for a minute before I hit you with the fact that Lauren will be five! Kindergarten! School bus! Not at all a preschooler anymore. She is growing so much - even the attitude! One day earlier this week she laid out Lilly's clothes for the day all by herself. Plus, every night she puts the toothpaste on Lilly's toothbrush and sets it on the counter with a full cup for rinsing. While that is all very helpful, we constantly have to remind Lauren that she is not Lilly's mother and to leave her alone! But true to Lilly's personality, she just usually goes with the flow. Until one day when Lilly rises up...

Last weekend we celebrated Keith's cousin's high school graduation. (I'm still not really sure how he got old enough to graduate.) It was a pool party and I was a little nervous about that because the girls don't swim in deep water ever. Lil took a little tumble into the pool right away and Uncle Kurt saved her so she already had a bad feeling about the pool. Lauren, on the other hand, got right in there and would not come out. She was a little mermaid. She almost always had a big smile on her face as she swam back and forth across the shallow end of the pool which was three feet deep. She wasn't even phased but the little brat of a boy who nearly jumped on top of her three times! Keith and I were certainly phased... don't make the mama bear show you her claws!
Anyway, here are a few pictures of the pool party.

No comments: